Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Stuff Christian Culture Likes

I love Stuff Christian Culture Likes.  I really do.  I live in the state of Ohio (as to where I'm not saying) and it seems like the stuff talked about on that blog is taken exactly from my life here.  It's crazy.

If you're not familiar with SCCL, it's a blog maintained by Stephanie Drury that discusses aspects of American Christian Evangelical culture (termed "Christian Culture") in the style of Stuff White People Like.  To quote the blog, "Christian culture is funny because it doesn't have much (if anything) to do with Christ himself."  I would even go out to say that much of Christian Culture is antithetical to the teachings of Jesus Christ, but that's a whole 'nother story.  


Anywho, since I love the blog a lot AND need to start posting more on here, I've decided to provide my commentary for some of the posts on SCCL.  I may not be a Christian Culture person (though I am Christian), but I've seen a lot of this stuff in my daily life since I was twelve.

BTW, here's the site link if anyone's interested: 
http://www.stuffchristianculturelikes.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment