Tuesday, July 12, 2011

SSCL #1 & #2

http://www.stuffchristianculturelikes.com/2008/08/1-day-timers.html

The topic for this post is...Day-Timers.  And how prevalent they are among Evangelicals.

...Frack.  I actually don't know much about this.  I mean, I know people who own Day-Timers, but I've never been able to see how they relate to evangelical culture.

Let's try another post.

http://www.stuffchristianculturelikes.com/2008/08/2-sending-emails-that-are-supposedly.html

Okay, here we go.  Granted, since my family is not really into Christian Culture (my mom is Roman Catholic and my dad is quasi-Baptist), they don't get these that frequently.  And while a number of my high school classmates have been busy producing kids, most of my undergrad and law school classmates, who I keep in better contact with, have not.  But, every so often, Mom and Dad will get a holiday card from a Christian Culture relative with a cutesy message supposedly written by their young kid.  Or one of my high school classmates with a young child will post something written by them on their Facebook.

I know it's supposed to be cute, but really it's kind of ridiculous.  Three year old Johnny doesn't have the sophisticated vocabulary to say how much he enjoys learning about the Lord now that he's in Sunday School.  He probably doesn't even understand why he's even there.  It's quite dumb, yet people immersed in evangelical culture think it's the most adorable thing ever.

If I have kids later on down the road and send out stuff like this, please shoot me.

No comments:

Post a Comment