Saturday, August 20, 2011

SSCL #8

http://www.stuffchristianculturelikes.com/2008/08/8-scrapbooking.html

Good God, scrapbooking.  In the town that I spent my teen years in, ever girl and her mother scrapbooked and did so diligently.    In fact, one of the senior English sections at my high school had students make a "senior scrapbook" as a major project, though this presumably was more writing-based than the traditional scrapbook.  Go to a JoAnn Fabrics or a Hobby Lobby near town on a weekend and you'll see tons of women and girls stocking up on supplies and chatting about what they're going to do next.

I....never really got into it.  I went to a scrapbooking party hosted by a classmate early in high school and found it rather dull.  I'm not knocking it: it sounds fun for those who have the mindset that would enjoy it.  However, I honestly don't know why so many CC (and non-CC) women I knew were into it.

In undergrad, quite a few of the Christian Culture types I knew kept scrapbooks.  I don't know many people who do in law school, but that might because we're all so frickin' busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment